Tuesday, September 15, 2020

DFI - Day 9 The Final Chapter

 So it all comes to an end. Today was the day of the three-hour exam and I can't say I enjoyed any of it. It was a lot harder than I expected and felt more like a comprehension exercise at times - so many words! 

I have learned so much over the past nine weeks. The thing I am most proud of is how far I have come and I feel so much more confident using the tools which we have looked at.  In some ways it all worked together with the lockdown of Covid - I feel that I have built on what some of the learning which I did over this time. 

At times the content has been overwhelming and I have struggled to keep up. As I reflect on this, it has given me a reminder of how it is to be a student again and how hard it is to listen to so much content.  When it has come time for the 'doing' I've forgotten where to start...just what some of my students encounter. 

I missed the start of today's session due to school photos. Looking over the content tonight I reflected on the staff meeting which I attended after today's DFI. Universal Design for Learning (UDL) was discussed and I couldn't help but make the link to the slides presented about Ubiquitous learning. I thought this slide really showed the connection.


So, I finish this DFI with more confidence and a lot more tools in my kete. One of the many things I love about being a teacher is the opportunities that I am given to continue to learn and grow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

DFI - Day 9 The Final Chapter

 So it all comes to an end. Today was the day of the three-hour exam and I can't say I enjoyed any of it. It was a lot harder than I exp...