Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Day 5 - Collaborate Sites

 The day started with sharing what has gone well. It's always interesting listening to others' thoughts and ideas.

We had our weekly presentation by Dorothy - looked at making teaching and learning visible. It was an interesting and thought-provoking presentation. We need to make sure that accessibility is easy for our families and students to navigate - everything should only be three clicks away. In the 'old days' it may have been easier for parents to access their child's learning by looking through their books...that is if they could find them. In a nutshell, nothing should be hidden.



Nothing is hidden, everything is open for others to see.



Moving on we then looked at multi-modal learning and investigated some sites to look at what others have done. This made me think about the way I deliver reading to my students and what I can do better - how can I dress the 'window' to make learning more appealing and hook the student.

We had a lot of time to 'play' today and I worked on creating my own site and completing a DFI Google Sites Challenge which was prep for the exam... I have a lot to learn.  However, using our own site during lockdown has certainly helped and I did bring some previous knowledge to the table so to speak.

My Site

It was another really busy day with lots to think about.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kathleen,
    Just popping on here to say ka pai! You are sticking to task and being honest about the challenges. I am learning by working WITH you and sharing our journey together. See you Tuesday buddy :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kathleen,
    Well done on last weeks session, I am glad the course is giving you lots to think about and you are picking up some new skills.
    As I keep saying there is a lot to take in during the length of the DFI so it is important to filter and practice the aspects that relate to your practice.
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

DFI - Day 9 The Final Chapter

 So it all comes to an end. Today was the day of the three-hour exam and I can't say I enjoyed any of it. It was a lot harder than I exp...