Tuesday, August 4, 2020

DFI Day 3 - Media

Today was another big day of learning...ginger crunch and coffee helped a lot.

We started with what's going well and what we need support with. This is always a good time to hear how things are going for others and what other teachers have tried in their classrooms since last week.

Then it was onto looking at Manaiakalani's pedagogy of create. Dorothy led this and I always feel inspired by her positivity and energy. The quote below really resonated with me and I thought it would be good to share...






I love Youtube and this relationship is now even stronger now I know how to make a playlist. I created a playlist and added a story about kindness to it (see below).  I used Youtube a lot over lockdown, many authors read their stories and shared their work through Youtube, I used many of these as part of the literacy activities on our site. If only I had known how to make a playlist my life would have been so much easier. Better late than never!

I was so grateful for the sugar from the ginger crunch as the day progressed with more learning as we looked at various features of google draw and google slides. Google drawing was a new tool for me and it was a lot of fun to use. I created a pick a path story using google slides. The best part of the day was having the time to play and create with these tools and the time certainly flew. I have learned so much in such a short time and look forward to learning more next week.  









1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kathleen,
    The secret to surviving the DFI - Ginger Crunch! Awesome. Was Boris the Cat story your own creation? I really enjoyed completing your pick a path.
    John Dewey quote is a very good one, as a teacher where do we fit into the create part to ensure students are learning? How do we focus the learning so the doing is of a nature that illicit the teaching and learning we want?
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

DFI - Day 9 The Final Chapter

 So it all comes to an end. Today was the day of the three-hour exam and I can't say I enjoyed any of it. It was a lot harder than I exp...